We plan do at least half of our travel bucket list items by the time we turn 30, but let’s face it, how many of us are actually able to do that? Unless religiously pursued, the bucket list remains mostly unmarked and by the time one gets to middle age and eventually old age. Here is why travel after retirement is a good idea and a must do on the list.
- A travel experience will beautifully complement the years of wisdom that you have already amassed.
- Budgeting is easier now, as you have a clear idea about how much to spend. On top of that, you no longer have to worry about your child’s education, marriage, etc.
- Travel after retirement is not about being in a hurry to cover the itinerary. It is about enjoying oneself surrounded by beautiful scenery, it is about spending a day in a hammock reading a book, and much more. You might also end up going to the same place you have been to before retirement; yet explore completely new aspects.
- For couples, travel after retirement is a way to strengthen the bond, celebrate, and connect with each other like never before.
- There are usually no time constraints, so you can spend as much time as you want on the go.
- When you have worked hard for years, you deserve to travel around and pamper yourself. Period!
There are various destinations in India that can work as the proper travel destination after retirement.
South India is marked with beautiful marvels that attract young and aged travelers alike. The tranquility and rejuvenation that tourist spots like Coorg, Wayanad and Goa offer are great for traveling retirees. Interestingly, these places are popular honeymoon destinations as well.
Goa is always vouched as the most happening place for youngsters. While that is true, for retired tourists, Goa can be a perfect destination. After all, wherever there are beaches, there is peace and serenity. We recommend to go have a walk at the beach in the early morning, where it is most peaceful.
Madhya Pradesh is a state rich with archeological heritage. Traveling to this state is easy and does not include slopes and spiraling roads. If visited during the right season, Madhya Pradesh can prove to be a beautiful blend of serenity and excitement to experience during retirement.
Karnataka can also be a wonderful state to visit. Mysore and Coorgoffer amazing green views and are surrounded by rice fields, coffee plantation, pepper plantations and many more. There are also plenty of activities to do in the area for all types of travelers.
Stay Simple has resorts inGoa,Mysore,Coorgand many other locations in India that are well-equipped, relaxing and comfortable. All you have to do is pick up that bucket list again and decide to make the most of this time. We promise to make your holidays worthwhile and memorable.
Check out our other blog posts: